[pct-l] Re: Maps...

Dear Mapless in PA,
Team "On Fire"

All you need for your maps are in the PCT Guide books by Schifen, Volume 1
is California, Volume 2 is Oregon and Washington and all the topo maps that
you will need are in among all the "undulating" verbage.  And YES, they are
difficult to read but with practice, patience, and being on the PCT Trail
itself, you will soon learn to make do with what is available!  This was all
everyone we hiked with in '97 and '98 used -- we had no problems once we got
the hang of it and that is all we will be using this year! Cut each section
out and mail to yourselves at the approprate mail drop in your food or drift
box. Another good reason to join the PCTA is that PCTA members have been
known to get emergency sections faxed to them.

Although the PCT trail signs aren't as well placed and as numerous as they
are on the AT, they will be there to help guide you! Don't forget that both
the PCTA Data Book and Town Guides will be excellent additions to help you
plan your trip.

Hope to see you soon!  Happy Trails!

The Happy Trails Coupls