[pct-l] Opinion Request

Hi Folks,
I've read the PCT digest version of this list for coming on two years and
have found many intelligent, useful ideas and comments that have helped me
in my backbacking and wilderness search and rescue experiences. My
questions, though, are:
1) What do you think about mt. biking?
2) Do you also mt. bike?
3) Are there any trail access issues in your area and what are the most
important points in these issues?
4) Do you have any stories, good or bad, that relate how you have come about
your particular point of view?

Please reply directly to me so as not to waste bandwidth on the PCT list. If
you are curious as to the results or stories, I would be glad to send
another post after I get enough responses. Also, please, please, please be
HONEST with your responses as you will not hurt MY feelings. The main idea
behind this informal survey is that I'm trying to understand the whole
"trail access" quandary. It seems to me that if all of us users (hikers,
equestrians and mt. bikies) understood each other, a lot could be
accomplished. I am both a hiker and a mt. bikie and have worked with horses
as a kid so I've been in each camp, so to speak, over the years. Ideally,
I'd like to see us all under one roof, "land users", so that we can pool
resources in the future regarding having enough area for everyone, no matter
what the activity. From our national parks all the way down to the local
open spaces, we all have a right to be considered for access. We also have
to be big enough to understand that sometimes the answer is "No".....
Thank you for your time and cooperation!
Sincerely,
Don Smyrl
Donald R. Smyrl II		Member of ROMP, IMBA,
Engineering Technician		DART and SJSAR
MS240-6
NASA-Ames Research Center
Moffett Field, CA 94035