Re: [pct-l] sleeping bags

Western Mountaineering Apache.
High grade of down.
20 degrees F(legitimate estimate).
2 pounds 2 ounces for the 6' .
Impeccable workmanship.

They make a microfiber version that has a collar and drops the (again,
legitimate) rating to 15 degress F. I used this one on my PCT thru-hike in
1997, and it did not disappoint. IMHO, stay away from that Gore krap. Dryoft
and Goretex (and even that sham Activent) impedes breathability, and nobody
wants that on their sleeping bag. If you really need a waterproof/resistant
shell, get an overbag. Microfiber works pretty well at keeping dew of anyway.
As Joe Bob Briggs would say, check it out.

As ever,
Former Attorney General Ed Meese