Re: [pct-l] foot size growing on a thruhike of PCT

Joanne- I have hard to fit feet. Buying boots that fit and will fit on a
long trip is a nigthmare for me. One thing I have learned is to shop for
boots when your feet are swollen from hiking or running already. You
will get a better idea of what a good fit will be while hiking. My feet
swell up quite a bit after a day on the trail or a long run.
My biggest problem seems to be that my feet are pretty narrow, probably
a "B" width. Most boots are "D" width. I am finding now that some brands
and models do come in a narrower width.
I hope this was of some help. Any more boot experience or wisdom out
there. My black and blue toe nails need it!
Tom in Sacramento
JMT '99