[pct-l] foot size growing on a thruhike of PCT

I am concerned about footware and plan to start looking around now for
shoes and boots. I live in a fairly remote area, so I don"t have many
shopping opportunities and I find mail ordering shoes to be unsatisfactory.
 Can anybody out there give me the straight skinny on how, why, and when
the feet enlarge on a thru hike.

Over the last 10 years my feet have already grown 1and1/2 shoe size; this
is related to(alas, dare I say it)age, and to pounding around most days in
barefeet for ten years doing Aikido. Am I now partially immune to the 1 and
1/2 to 2and1/2 shoe size foot growth that Ray Jardine talks about.  I
noticed that my feet grew about a half  size this summer after 57 peaks.
And I also know that on my Canyon escapades my feet have swollen in the
heat.  Is there something else going on here? What can I expect starting
out from El Campo in April or May?

goforth@cio.net (my "reply to" address may be misconfigured, I am working
on it with my ISP)