Re: [pct-l] Satellite phones

At 12:18 PM -0700 10/20/98, Charcholla@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 10/20/98 10:56:43 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>goinggoinggone@webtv.net writes:
>
><< In adt cheaper than the
> Iridium voice transmission system, although if you're alone and
> seriously injured it might be hard to tap out an e-mail post on
> itty-bitty keys, but at least with the GPS you could relay your exact
> location. If I remember correctly, Orrbcom has a sale on through the end
> of this month where they waive 6 months of service fees ( $30 per month
> ).
>
>                                ~ Al ~ >>
>
>Sounds like "overkill" to me.
>
>Charlie

That was said about: 1- The lightbulb; 2- The heart catheter; 3- The
electric engine;
4- Pennicillin(sp).. and several others that escape me..most notabley was the
Congressional proposal around circa 1912 to close the PTO saying everthing that
could be invented of any practical use already had been!

It sounds like right on the money to me...now there is multifunction in one
unit...
and the possibilities one can extrapolate fromt his are endless! (Real-time
video
fromt eh backcountry to the kids at home?) -- START ME UP!!!