[pct-l] Re: Yogi & Booboo

     Karen, I imagine Tom's post may have been a good-natured put-on - or
maybe just a misunderstanding. Either he "heard wrong" or somebody  was
rattled to be on tv, etc., you know how that is. Sort of like an internet
typo (I  got a mail from another list-er who assures me he backpacks "300
days a year, every year"); in both cases, somebody goofed/slipped in
extra 0's, no? <g>
     Whatever the "specific" dollar-figure, there sure are alot more cars
(even without food or coolers-on-display) than ever being broken into by
habituated bears in the Sierra, probably exacerbated by El Nino. Bothered
ME so much, I arranged not to leave my car at the more heavily-used TH's
this year!                    bj

>:Did anyone else see the Yosemite ranger interviewed on The Outdoor
Channel
>:yesterday, who said that bears are doing $500,000,000 (that's right!!
half
>:a billion dollars !!)  in damage to cars in the park every year? Wow!

>Wha?!? That would imply that bears totally destroyed 10,000 $50,000 cars
>each year. Seems rather unlikely!       Karen

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]