[pct-l] Rain gear relic (THE PONCHO)

HI from the rain capital of the PCT (washington) When you read people,s gear
list for hiking the pct or even going though catologs, does any one use the
over the pack poncho any more? The Poncho is light weight, breathes well, and
is very affordable. Also has more uses than ducttape. Can be used as a covered
cook area, even a sleeping tarp and is very enjoyable on trail hiking below
tree line in the worst  of rain showers. I own a moonstone goretex parka that
is nice on climbs ,but feels like I,m shoving an extra tent in my pack when
not in use. Needless to say, when I hit the pct up here by white pass or
stevens pass, I drag out the poncho. Your pack stays dry all day and it
doesn,t cost 250 dollars a pop. (something to consider when you have three
kids to buy shoes for)  THANKS AND HAPPY HIKING, MONTE!