Re: [pct-l] Rain gear relic (THE PONCHO)

At 7:47 AM -0700 10/9/98, Montedodge@aol.com wrote:
>HI from the rain capital of the PCT (washington) When you read people,s gear
>list for hiking the pct or even going though catologs, does any one use the
>over the pack poncho any more? The Poncho is light weight, breathes well, and
>is very affordable. Also has more u

It is an "essential" part of my gear.  I also use it  as a sun-shade above
the tree line-
tieing in between boulders when I stop early or take a day off climbing.

Also I carry a very lightweight one ($7) in the summer for those sudden
showers (I am from California and it "only" rains in winter in lower
elevation.

--Rich Calliger