Re: [pct-l] canisters and cell phones

>Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 16:22:09 -0700 (DT)
>From: Dave Encisco <dencisco@rotorwiz.arc.nasa.gov>
>Subject: [pct-l] canisters and cell phones
>

>From: "Tom Reynolds" <Tom.Reynolds@ilan.com>
>Not exactly. It appears that you believe the government will act to
>"protect you from yourself" However, the government is a bureauracy.
>Bureauracies can't act they can only create rules.

First, I don't believe it at all. I recollect that I wrote "all in
jest". I'll try to remember to include a satire flag at the beginning
of topic sentence.

Secondly, you mean that a National Park Ranger doesn't have the right
to cite you for the violation of a park rule? It might help you to
remember that the root of bureauracy is bureau.

>ps: people who presume to 'know me' will get a different view if they read
>my book. [if this is bragging bj, sorry] u may have miscast me as a law
>abiding citizen (: [www.cyberlanecommuter.com]

And lastly Tom, not only did I "not" presume to know you but I had to
review the digests in order to figure out why you said such a
thing. Frankly the issue of bear canisters versus counter balance is
non-issue for me. Until I'm sited by a "contracted" (?) law
enforcement official for not carrying one, I will choose not to carry
one (and I only speak for myself); after which time I will carry
one. My reply to the discussion was sent indiscriminately and I
apolozie if it ruffled your ego. I really don't think this sort of
Edmund Burke versus Thomas Paine argument needs to continue to dribble
beyond it's relevant and valid points and into the realm self esteems,
but then again I lost interest long ago.

So, has anyone been hiking PCT lately?

Dave