[pct-l] RE: pct-l-digest V1 #471, Bridgeport

The hitch down the pass was very easy.  Cars go slow around the curves, and
there seemed to be an easy hitch from someone familiar with the backwoods
areas.

Getting a ride along 395 was very difficult.  Vehicles whiz by at about 70
mph, and it seems like no one will ever stop.  It took me two hours to get a
ride there.  I felt like I was in the movie North By Northwest, standing in
the middle of nowhere, waiting for the unknown.

I did wonder, after a time, if I wouldn't be better off getting back on the
trail and walking to Echo lake.  Except I had given away my food to someone
else.  And the contract between Sonora Pass and the valley is quite
striking!