[pct-l] fuel bottles

FWIW

I have always declared my empty, clean fuel bottles(triple rinsed and sun
dried all day) with my carryon baggage.  Simply say "I want to declare
these empty bottles and hand them to the guard.    They generally look at
me like I am wasting their time and motion for me to put the bottles back
into the bag.

I have not done the research but I think the penalty under federal law
for carrying an undeclared fuel container in your checked luggage is
pretty stiff.  You would probably plea it out and end up on probation for
several years and then we would have to hear about it again and again(G).
I won't even get into the delay, strip searches, etc.

Why take the chance.

Tom Best