[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #346

What is it about the Sierra snow that discourages folks from traversing long
stretches of it during a thru-hike?  Is it postholing, sleeping on snow,
exposed steep snow pitches, avy danger, or what?

I would like to avoid skipping the Sierra in '98.  For example, I would like
to have snowshoes waiting in my parcel at Kennedy Meadows if I need them,
rather than scrambling around with a Campmor catalog at the last miniute.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
John