[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #346

Hi all.

My name is Bill Kennington and I live in San Diego.  I had a couple of quick
questions.

1.  While on a day hike up Cowles Mtn. I noticed that my hands got really
puffy.  So much so that I couldn't close my fist all the way.  When I was
done, the swelling went down.  Does anyone know why that would happen?

2.  I would like to hike up Mt. Whitney next summer.  I heard that you have to
make reservations now.  Is that true and if so does anyone have that name or
number of a place where I might do that?

3.  I'm also thinking about hiking the JMT next summer.  Does anyone have any
suggestions where I can get some good info on that trail.  For example, books,
websites, or organizations with good maps.   Do I need permits to hike on the
JMT?  Who should I call to get them?  Etc.

My e-mail address is GHPBill@aol.com

Thanks in advance for the help.  I hope to do the PCT someday when I have the
time, money and gumption.  I've hiked on parts of it in the Laguna Mountains
and down by the Mexican border.  It's completion is one of my life goals and
the information I have read on the PCTA website has helped me believe that I
can and will do it someday.  Congratulations to all who have completed and/or
attempted it and good luck to those who plan on hiking it in '98 and in the
future.

Bill Kennington