[pct-l] Re: Vestibules are they worth the weight?

iardrg@telusplanet.net (R J Hayes) wrote:

>>(Oh, I can hear the moaning and gnashing of ultra-teeth now.)<<

You won't here this ultralight hiker moaning and gnashing teeth!  I
strongly feel that you should HIKE YOUR OWN HIKE!!! If you want to carry
the kitchen sink, then go ahead and do it! If I like you, I may offer
friendly advice that might make your hike (in my opinion anyway) more
pleasant, but I won't try and browbeat you into doing things MY WAY.

FWIW, I love the vestibule on my winter tent. It's the only way to cook in
a storm without freezing, or worrying about burning a hole in the tent
floor. But then again......... I have started using a mega-mid (sort of a
big tarp) to save weight on winter ski trips.<gdr>

--
Brick Robbins
San Diego, CA