[pct-l] Re: Vestibules are they worth the weight?

Tom Caggiano asked:

>Realizing I'm talking to many Ultra-light backpackers, just curious
>on benefits of the much larger vestibule for those that use tents and not
>use tarps only. Is the double area worth the 20% increase in weight?

I'm not an ultra-lite hiker, for a number of reasons (which I won't go into
here), but I'd vote for a vestibule every time. It depends, though, whether
you're going to use it. If you are, then get one. Twenty per cent isn't
much.
(Oh, I can hear the moaning and gnashing of ultra-teeth now.)

Cordially,
R J Hayes