[pct-l] Now bears?

First we all got hooked on all the junk about guns in the wilderness, now
we're on to bear patrol?  Sorry, but I hope you all aren't serious and that
I'm just gullable, but some of those fireworks ideas sounded like some
people do them.  IF you are smart with bears, there is no problems to be
had.  Besides, we are not hiking in Glacier and dealing with grizzlies;
these are mild brown bears (I hink?)
If all this is a joke, great.  But if you are really that serious about
taking actions against bears you need to A) get educated on bears and what
they will do; B) Possilby change some of your backcountry techniques so that
bears are not a problem; C) Get a life

Besides the bear talk, we went cruising the PCT from the border up to Indian
cove just past Warner Springs.  Most people are doing good, but their bodies
are breaking in to the trail (or is the trail breaking in to their bodies?)
so they're still working out the kinks.
Keep them in your thoughts and prayers that they all find a successful
summer; whatever that may be.