[pct-l] Re: ATM Accessibility to PCT

At 03:18 PM 4/28/97 -0400, Joan Norris Asked Brick:
>One question he has is where/at what points can he expect to
>find ATMs?  Wingfoot's guide to
>the AT lists things like motels/hostels/hiker friendly B&B's, as well as
>which towns have ATMs readily available.

I am forwarding this question to the pct list for more input.

ATMs are few and far between along the PCT. Even places that take credit
cards can be hard to find sometimes. The only area that has fairly frequent
ATMs is So-Cal. The rest of the trail you are generally happy to find a
phone and a restraunt<g> I really don't think that relying on ATMs is a
viable way of getting cash on the PCT. I mailed Traveler's checks to myself.

In California You can find ATMs along the trail at:

Big Bear.
Wrightwood.
Tehachipi/Mojave.
Lone Pine.
Bishop.
Mammoth Lakes.
Squaw Valley (?)
Mt Shasta City (a hitch hike north of Castella)

And then all the way to Ashland OR.

Any help on the OR/WA ATMs?
--
Brick Robbins