[pct-l] '97 start

I did the trail on the traditional leave date of April Fools day (back in
1982) for my thru-hike. Although it was a late winter (I saw snow on the
second day out in the Lagunas, and didn't see the end of snow on northfacing
slopes of elevation, until past Lake Tahoe). A couple years prior, I
attended a PCT workshop that Warren Rogers gave in San Diego. He mentioned
this traditional date and suggested leaving no sooner or later than two
weeks prior, or following, April 1st.
   This is my first use of an e-mail subscription, so bare with me.