[pct-l] trail money

Hi folks,

I haven't seen much talk on this subject, so please point me to another area
if it exists.  For thru-hikers, how do you handle money?  This may sound
funny, but what combination of cash and/or credit do people carry?
Suggestions?   I don't intend on necessarily whooping it up along the way,
but I do plan to do a fair amount of shopping at the local economies and
minimize the amount of shipments I make to myself. For you former PCT
thru-hikers, can you share some wisdom with us? Thanks, Nathan