[pct-l] software for DVD slideshows

On Mar 29, 2006, at 11:32 PM, enyapjr@adelphia.net wrote:

> I also have it and love it...  a new version (upgrade) just came
> out recently
> (3.2.4 for Windows XP; there is also a Mac OS X version, now at
> Vers. 3.3.1)...
> Version 4 is now in beta testing, and it 'should' be much better,
> faster, and will
> include it's own DVD compiler/encoder...
> BTW, Weathercarrot's "PCT 2004" DVD used Photo to Movie - and after
> seeing his
> DVD, I had to get it...

Just to be clear.  Weathercarrot used Photo to Movie to create the
individual
pan/zoom of photos.  The resulting movies were then imported into
iMovie where
the transitions and soundtrack were put together.  From iMovie it
gets imported
to iDVD for constructing the DVD menus and burning the final disk.

To answer the original poster's question:  The combination of iPhoto/
Movie/DVD
along with Photo to Movie is hard to beat without going to
professional level
tools.  These tools would all be on an Apple Mac system.  (Photo to
Movie is
available for Windows systems also).

Gary Wright (Radar)