[pct-l] What pack are you using?

PeaHicks wrote:
> Jon Danniken wrote:
>
> > I'm looking at packs right now for my distance trip this summer, and I
am
> > wondering what packs you guys and gals are using for your journey.  I'll
be
> > using a tarptent and other lightweight gear;  right now the GG Vapor
Trail
> > is looking like a viable option, but I'd like to see what some of you
are
> > using first.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jon
>
> i'm using the ula catalyst. i've been training with it for about a week
> now, and so far i really like it, but i've only taken it on my 3x/week
> regular 3-mile, 900ft gain hike, so i haven't had it strapped to me all
> day yet. my current close-to-full packweight (incl 3 liters of water and
> 5 days of food) is 30 pounds.
>
> http://www.ula-equipment.com/catalyst.htm
>
> girlscout

Cool, thanks for the response, and for your pack weight infos.  I'm still
not sure what my final weight will be, since I'm trying to go light, but
right now I'm guessing on ~30 pounds or so..  I'm looking at the ULA
equipment right now, and I'm kind of liking the Circuit, which is just a
little smaller (and lighter) than your Catalyst, but basically the same
idea.  It might come down between the Vapor Trail and the Circuit; both are
the same size and weight, it just depends on which one has the best
suspension.

Thanks,

Jon