[pct-l] Lone Pine again

In a message dated 3/29/2006 2:46:11 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
hochhut@web.de writes:

> [...]
trailhead. Has anybody any experience regarding this side  trip ?>>>>>>

Most of the traffic leaving Lone Pine ( headed uphill) is going to Whitney
Portal.  Less than a mile out of town towards Whitney Portal the road to
Horshoe Meadows takes off to the south.  Stand there and hope.  I  solved the
problem by going to the local Hamburger Joint and soliciting a ride  from some
young locals.

"No Way Ray"  Echols