[pct-l] Esbit Stoves

I used the Esbit for the entire PCT.  Never had a problem with it and  plan
to use it again on the CDT next year.  I put Esbit tabs in resupply  boxes and
had no problems....except one.  In the Sierra I miscounted so I  didn't have
enough.  I remedied that by breaking them in half and using  twigs to
supplement.  One tablet was enough to cook  1.5 cups of water  for a miso-type soup and
2 cups of water for dinner.  There was  generally enough left to heat a cup
of water if I had a hot breakfast....which I  generally didn't.  Just blow them
out.  They smoke a bit, but are  still perfectly usable.  Lighting was a
problem sometimes, which I remedied  by carrying an ounce of denatured alcohol.  A
couple of drops on the tab  and it caught right away.  One ounce lasted me
more than a thousand  miles.

"No Way Ray"  Echols