[pct-l] Looking for Yaktrax crampons feedback...

Personally, I wouldn't rely on Yaktrax in the high Sierra (they may be good for
sidewalks and drives/roads in the winter, but not for mountain travel, IMHO)...

ULA now has "Axis" instep crampons in stock - see at
<http://www.ula-equipment.com/axis.htm>...

Camp also has a lightweight (aluminum) 6 point instep crampon, see at
<http://www.backcountrygear.com/catalog/climbdetail.cfm/CMP300>...

Both are approx. 7 to 7.5 ounces...  also similar prices...

Someone mentioned the CMI "Ice Cleat" - but I think they are both too narrow and the points far too short for mountain use (IMHO, again!)...  May be good for ice fishing or more level terrain usage, though...

Hope that helps!  (Does this mean we will be able to see "Still WALKing On" in 2007?)

Happy trails!!!