[pct-l] Blueut Stoves History

A few of you have seen the one-of-a-kind machine shop made, four solid
aluminum leg, two burner, canister stove that I carried in '77.  It weighs in just a
bit over 1 pound!!!!  (without the canister).  I even still have a few of the
old canisters that I bought in '76 in preparation for my hike and have been
slowly using them; the gas, of course, still good and useable.

At Whitney Creek on a morning when my little thermometer read 4 degrees and
my water bottle was half frozen, I tired to light my stove inside my tent while
still in my sleeping bag.  I lit a match and could hear the gas coming out
but no flame!  The lit match finally warmed the cold gas coming out to the point
that it would ignite and whoosh!  The flame ripped up and burnt a hole in the
mosquito netting of the door of my Starflight tent (if I bring it to the KO
you can still see the repair job I did on it and the hole!).

I don't recall ever using the second burner and it is still shiny new
looking.

In my will it is to be given to the Mad Monte Dodge PCT Memorablia Museum of
the North.

Long live the old canister stoves!

Long may the alcohol pop can stoves rule!

Greg "Strider" Hummel