[pct-l] RE: pct-l Digest, Vol 35, Issue 23

I can't speak for others but I can tell you why I do. I'm extremely hard of
hearing. Like most troops from the combat arms, I'm virtually deaf in my
right ear. I have a 70% hearing loss in my left ear from a 20 pound satchel
charge that went off about 2 feet from me and blew me across the compound.

I haven't heard the sounds of nature since the second of February, 1968. I
can't hear the wind unless it is also moving me. I can't hear it in the
trees unless it is taking limbs out of them. I can't hear birds singing. I
can't hear a creek unless I'm crossing it, and then it needs to be much more
than just a trickle.

Believe it or not, virtual silence ( I pack solo most of the time) can get
kinda boring after awhile.....

I carry a Samsung Yap. It is just under 2 ounces with a lithium battery in
it. It will play for a couple of hundred hours with that one AA lithium.

I keep around 500 songs, like "Two Little Feet, and "On the Crest Trail", on
it to get me down the trail when I'm tired or ,dare I say it, bored.

But that's just me.

Jerry

reviews and tests on the planet.