  From: hiker97@aol.com
  To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
  Cc: carolbruno@cox.net ; laura629@hotmail.com ; Rattlesnake5648@Yahoo.com
  Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 10:21 AM
  Subject: Injury on the Trail

  The possibility of injury is always present when we hike.  It is the cost of doing business.  We all accept that challenge.

  A pretty young redheaded hiker has to get off the trail to go to the doctor's office. She reports that her body hurt wherever she touched it.

  "Impossible!" says the doctor.  "Show me."

  The redhead took her finger, pushed on her left leg and screamed, then she pushed her elbow and screamed in even more. She pushed her head and screamed; likewise she pushed her ankle and screamed. Everywhere she touched made her scream.

   The doctor said, "You're not really a redhead, are you?

  "Well, no" she said, "I'm actually a blonde."

   "I thought so," the doctor said. "Your finger is broken."

  Your hiking buddy, Switchback
  A Nondiscriminatory and Equal Opportunity Harassment Hiker