[pct-l] What's a Cleghorn Anyhow?

I'm not quite understanding this.  You give a history of this guy going back to the mid 1800's and then talk about him as if he is still alive and doing well in San Bernardino.  Am I mis-reading this or is the guy over 160 years old?

Doc Holiday

From: "Steve Courtway" <scourtway@bpa-arch.com>

From: reinholdmetzger at cox.net (Reinhold Metzger)
Date: Mon Mar  6 16:37:42 2006
Subject: [pct-l] LOVE ON THE TRAIL

SWITCHBACK WROTE......"Love is a beautiful thing.  And trail love is extra
special."
--------------------------

Yes, Switchback, love in the wilderness is a beautiful thing.
I often wondered if there is a connection between this widespread
backpacking addiction and trail love or love in the wilderness.
Maybe that is what draws us backpacking fanatics into the wilderness time
after time after time.    Boy, I hope my wife does not read this post.
Usually I hike with my wife and or my friends, but the  last ten years, I've
been doing the JMT solo year after year.  I keep telling her I have been
bitten by the JMT bug and every year now I come down with the JMT fever, but
she might not buy this story anymore if she reads this post.
I have done extensive research on the subject of backpacker addiction and
trail love and am convinced there is a connection.

      JMT Reinhold
  Author...SEX IN THE WILDERNESS"...How to do it on the trail, off the
trail, in
 the bushes,  in the bivy sack and 99 other ways for the control of
backpacking addiction