[pct-l] altitude sickness

Excellent response, Chuckie!  Carol, by the time you get to the  Sierra, you
won't have to worry about it.  For most people, going from sea  level to the
JMT will cause some sort of physiologic response.  For my  wife, Lady J, on a
quick trip from Kearsarge to Whitney, she almost stopped  breathing at night
(cheyne-stokes breathing) and suffered a splitting headache  most of the time.
All symptoms went away as we dropped in elevation.   The only immediate
solution.

Mtnned