[pct-l] Re: Caffiene

In my experience I can leave out the coffee on a trip if I want to; and
all I miss is the pleasure from sipping a hot cup of java while
experiencing the early morning. I haven't had a headache or other such
withdrawal --- all the physical exercise from hiking counteracts the
withdrawal symptoms.

I've tried carrying instant Tasters Choice and didn't particularly like
that. I've tried the little filters than hang from a plastic rod and
that was so-so. So now I carry a filter cone, filters, and ground
coffee. Also note that I'm out for just a few days with modest miles so
if I did a 40 klom/day pace (~25 mile) I might leave behind the coffee;
then again maybe not --- what good is a hike if you don't enjoy it?

Tortoise

Kraig Mottar wrote:
> I'd think, that before a hike, especially a long hike, and especially if you are addicted to caffiene, it'd be wise to kick the habbit.
I too am addicted to it. To take coffee hiking, is added weight, and the
there's the preparing it, and if you run out a long way from
civilization, there are the nasty headaches. The nasty headaches is, I
think, a good reason to kick the habbit, for a long hike, or long
anything else.