[pct-l] Sticking out my thumb - to the kick-off & back from Warner Springs

For the last couple years I?ve had the PCT bug BAD!   The closer it gets
to kick-off time the more I?m squirming at my desk.  Drives me nuts
actually.  Has anybody else ever missed the trail so much they?ve
contemplated going out to the yard to add twigs and dirt to a bowl of
ramen?

I was planning on a second thru-hike attempt this year, but it looks like
2007 will be my year to hike.  I can?t quit my job this year, but I can
take a week or so off around kick-off time!

I?d really love to hike the first 110 miles, but am faced with the problem
of how to get to/from the trail.  I?d be flying in to San Diego and don?t
drive, and can?t take a whole lot of extra time off.  I?m wondering if
there?s anybody travelling from the airport area to the trail a day or two
before the kickoff, and if there?s anybody travelling from warner springs
to san diego about a week or so later.

I guess I need to get to Campo around April 27th, and be back in San Diego
from Warner Springs by May 7th.

If anybody is making one or both of those trips, and has room in their
back seat, trunk or roofrack, I?d be extremely grateful for a lift.  I can
book my flights to sync up with whatever days match up.

Cheers,
Paul