[pct-l] Section O again.

When I went thru Section O in early August last year, There were trail crews on it,
and some areas are nicely done, with 10' wide clearance from the brush, in others it was overgrown, but they seemed to be fairly short, and then there was the normal trail, neither overgrown or 10' wide. It should be quite doable. Also
note, the poison oak will be displayed in all its beauty. When we went thru, despite my best efforts, I touched the magnificent glossy leaves 12 times, despite my artistic dance and dodge method as I hiked down the otherwise good trail. Did not get poison oak, after talking with my Dad, he said that I was late in the year, and the notorious oil on the leaves is worst early in the season, and I went through towards the end of its cycle. so it wasn't as bad. So if your planning on later Summer, or are immune from Posion oaks Ichy Rash you should be ok.

No, don't worry, I am not planning to be either a professional writer or poet...

-Mountain Goat-

Sun Feb 26 16:15:32 CST 2006
Hi,
I'm planning to hike section O (Burney Falls to I-5) this June.  All the guide books say it's in bad condition but they were printed years ago.  How is the trail looking these days?   Thanks