[pct-l] re:wildfires

One day we hiked over Red Peak pass in southern Yosemite.  From that
height we noticed a very thin plume of smoke and a helicopter buzzing
near it.  We checked the map and decided the fire was in Hoover Creek.
We hiked down to Upper Merced Pass Lake and made camp in early
afternoon.  We were lying about enjoying the camp.  About 5 PM  a great
plume of smoke arose and blotted out the sky.  We hastily packed up and
hiked over Merced Pass, to Moraine Meadows, arriving just before dark.
We put the rocky ridge of Merced Pass between us and the fire.
We hiked on south without incident for three weeks.  As we were headed
back north we camped at Marie Lakes.  When we arrived it was clear but
by late afternoon we could not see the far shore for the smoke.  We
questioned everyone who came along and they reported the smoke was from
the Hoover Fire that had been burning south of Yosemite all that time.
 From talking to many southbound hikers we were able to plot on the maps
what area had been impacted by the fire.   We planned an exit route that
would avoid the fire area and finished the hike as planned.
Marion