From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Jeff Moorehead
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2006 10:58 AM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] ...wild fires

I've never been in a wildfire or too close to one so I am not sure about
this, but I hear if you carefully observe the flight paths of birds and
insects and note rodent movement, they will be vectoring in a direction away

from the fire. The closer the fire, the more true the actual vector.
 Can any firefighters confirm? That would at least give you a small measure
of relief from these nightmares...