[pct-l] PCT Baja to Manning

 Too bad Mexico doesn't have a trail from Cabo up the Baja to tie into our PCT. You could start at Land's End Jan 1st. and still make it to the kick off in time. Baja has miles of power lines and would serve as trail just like our Mojave aquaduc. Lots of great mountains there to boots which are some of the least explored anywhere. I ran into a bunch of VERY tall locals near Santiago which I am told are direct grandsons of pirates that retired and blended into the high hills. ( Lots of caves and rumors of gold still hidden. ) One of the new hotels at Cabo just dug up a large jar of gold Spanish coins while digging their foundation. It's time to hike the B to B trail . ( Baja to Banff) Link here is to the Stehekin Valley On-line paper which did a short story on our recent snowshoe trip and is a great info source on Stehekin..http://www.stehekinchoice.com/voices/photos/power_point_flash/showshoeing_2006/2006_monte_snowshoeing.htm<http://www.stehekinchoice.com/voices/photos/power_point_flash/showshoeing_2006/2006_monte_snowshoeing.htm>