[pct-l] Temps on PCT

On 2/25/06, Vic Hanson <vichansonperu@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I remember reading somewhere about historical temps on the PCT but don't
> remember where or when. Can anyone help me out with this please? Having done
> some cold weather hiking this week in Minnesota I am wondering how this
> compares with what we can expect on the PCT.

I also remember seeing something that did a nice view of PCT conditions, but
can't find the link.

For the california sections, you could give
http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/mapper a try.  :pts of current and
historically data.

My memory is that if you are NOBO at the normal sorts of time, the weather
is not going to compare winter in Minnesota: it is highly unlikely to break
10F at night, or be below 30F during much of the day.

--mark