[pct-l] Why Do So Many Male Hikers Live Alone?

So I am down at the  local backpacking store (Desert Rock Sports) today
minding my own  business.  Then the owner/gearhead and I start talking about gear
and  examining some of the latest and lightest Osprey packs.  Another hiker
friend arrives and joins in on our conversations.  Eventually he relates  this
story about himself, which I thought explained a lot of  things.
----------------------------------
After the last child  was born, my wife told me we had to cut back on
expenses, I had to give up  drinking beer. I was not a big drinker maybe a 12 pack on
weekends and less on  week days.  I was a trail pirate and camp ruffian at
that time like my  buddy Switchback.

Anyway, I gave it up  but I noticed the other day when she came home from
grocery shopping  the sales receipt and saw $65 in makeup charges.  I said, "Wait
a  minute I've given up beer and you haven't given up anything!"

She said,  "I buy that makeup for you, so I can look pretty for you."

I told her, "Hell,  that's what the beer was for!"

I don't think she'll be  back...

Ha, ha, ha, ha,  ha..........cough, cough.........gurgle,
gurgle.........hack, hack.  Ha,  ha, ha.  Great set up and delivery if I do say so myself.  The
part  about being down at the backpacking store today and talking the owner
about gear  was true.

Your hiking buddy,  Switchback
Trail Jester & Camp  Riot