[pct-l] ursack and titanium

never old news, Shelly. I thought a titanium bucket would be better, rather
than the half-bucket with open ends. That would take care of the 'memory'
problem-- which to me points out one of the biggest problems of the
half-cylinder. That is, a bear could eventually get its jaws around food
items inside the Ursack even with the aluminum lining. It could really do
some 'shape modification' of said items even if it's not able to extract and
steal them. The titanium bucket would be extremely expensive and might begin
to work against the whole idea of enclosing everything in a kevlar sack.
May the quest for a lightweight bear cannister continue!
[And we better get off this subject before we get black-listed :)]