[pct-l] Looking for day hikes

the summer in southern California is rough hiking weather...scarce water
and high temps.  If you'd like to dayhike among the pines, you might
want to give Idyllwild a try.  It offers a convenient town with plenty
of accomodations, and the altitute starts at 5K.  Depending on how fast
you hike, and where you start, you can dayhike to just under 11K.  It's
always twenty degrees cooler at the top.  <g>  http://www.idyllwild.com/