[pct-l] need your great ideas -- PCT section w/toddler

Hey everyone,
Now that two of my 2002 pct cohorts will be on the
trail at one point or another this summer, I'm dying
to get out and join them.  Here's the catch -- it
won't be all that ultralight, as I've got a
(currently) 23-pound one-year-old who I'd like to take
along with me for a few days on the trail (something
like Echo Lake to Tahoe City, or Red's Meadow to
Yosemite Valley).

Ideally, I'll be able to talk my wife into coming
along as well, so that could help things out.

Is there a pack out there that can carry a one-person
tent, sleeping bag, some gear/food/water, and a kid?
How can a solo trip be pulled off?

Alternately, if my wife comes along, I'll just go with
a light 2-man tent or a tarp (frankly, the tent has a
better chance of getting a thumbs-up from my wife),
and bring a large pack and 2 bags.  One or the other
of us could carry our son in a separate kid-carrier.

Anybody out there like to share their experiences?
I've already found some decent thoughts online, but
I'm interested to hear from the PCT community.

Thanks,
Iron Chef