[pct-l] need your great ideas -- PCT section w/toddler

Hi Matt,
  I can help lighten your load by carrying your wife; Oops, I mean some of your gear. In all seriousness, I'd love to see you en route and would do whatever it took to make it possible. Perhaps you could carry the little one and a few supplies while I'll carry all your heavy items at that time: water, food, shelter, electronica. Your wife could carry the used diapers and some of the remaining gear.

  At any rate, I'm sure we could figure it out.

  -Chuckie

  PS: On Sunday I drove by Mill Creek Summit, where you discovered some weird hiker dude burning TP inside an outhouse. It was amazing being up there again, especially under such different conditions. I now know where the ranger station is.

Matt Geis <mgeis@yahoo.com> wrote:
  Hey everyone,
Now that two of my 2002 pct cohorts will be on the
trail at one point or another this summer, I'm dying
to get out and join them. Here's the catch -- it
won't be all that ultralight, as I've got a
(currently) 23-pound one-year-old who I'd like to take
along with me for a few days on the trail (something
like Echo Lake to Tahoe City, or Red's Meadow to
Yosemite Valley).

Ideally, I'll be able to talk my wife into coming
along as well, so that could help things out.

Is there a pack out there that can carry a one-person
tent, sleeping bag, some gear/food/water, and a kid?
How can a solo trip be pulled off?

Alternately, if my wife comes along, I'll just go with
a light 2-man tent or a tarp (frankly, the tent has a
better chance of getting a thumbs-up from my wife),
and bring a large pack and 2 bags. One or the other
of us could carry our son in a separate kid-carrier.

Anybody out there like to share their experiences?
I've already found some decent thoughts online, but
I'm interested to hear from the PCT community.

Thanks,
Iron Chef