[pct-l] ULA

I wouldn't hold your breath. This small-time operations (despite their wonderful gear) can take weeks (perhaps 2 months) before they ship your gear.

A least ULA offers a phone number. I wouldn't do business with ANY online organization (especially for any substantial purchase) that does not allow me to speak to them about my purchase. One such company is BackpackingLight. They don't offer a phone number and are rarely around to answer emails/orders (it seems). I don't recommend them at all. Besides, they charge you to read the reviews (which they call a magazine) that other users post. [Save your money and read them here in PCT-L and in other BP-related forums.]

Mail order is a pain as it is. IMO, any company desiring to be succesful at mail order needs to take the 'pain' (e.g. delays in shipping) out of the equation as much as possible. Or else purchasing from a local outfitter becomes more advantageous.

Granted some of these 'companies' are run from a corner in an apartment somewhere, and the person is at work (elsewhere) all day - so they don't offer their phone number.

ULA has a little shop (garage) that they work out of to make their great products. I imagine that the owner is out and about doing things he likes to do, and not always sitting around the phone. The "sewers' as he calls them, probably hear the machine pick up the unanswered calls.

I, for one, would opt for a pack that weighed one more pound that I could try on in a store than take a chance on a lighter one  purchased over the net that "will arrive when it arrives".

My guess is that Brian (ULA owner) is off somewhere enjoying his Friday.