[pct-l] Canister Fuel Sizes

I used 8 oz. cans on my long hikes. Less mailing and easier to find.

Don't send a fuel can in your  resupply box. Send the resupply package
priority mail and the can in a separate ground only package. The only box I
missed was a resupply box with a fuel can I sent ground, against Yogi's
advice. The PO office didn't loose it, but delivered it long after I
passed. I did get cans I mailed individually.

The outfitter in Sisters, OR closed at the end of August. There was no
other source of isobutane in town.

When I hiked southbound through Washington and Oregon last summer I only
mailed fuel to Washington. I had a partner in Washington but figured I
would switch to alcohol in Oregon when solo. However, I was always able to
find enough fuel in hiker boxes so I never switched to alcohol.

Frank

them, thus having less of a chance of a re-supply box not arriving because
it was shipped ground only.