[pct-l] Beer for the Trail

OK!   NOW I can justify the distraction of chiming in on a List subject!

As some of you know, I've done exhaustive research on this subject
(which is to say I was exhausted after sampling and comparing quality
trail spirits!).

Did you know that alcohol is lighter than water. The more distilled the
spirit, the lighter it gets (I don't advocate consuming jet fuel).

There are few pleasures in life comparable to reaching camp after a long
mile day and cracking open a beer. Sipping a brew while staring out over
the wilderness knowing your butt ain't going ANYWHERE till the
morning...

At 25.4 ounces per can, the Fosters "oilcan" makes the perfect, packable
beer for the trail! Also, the aluminum used in the can is lighter than
most other cans (I've tried to make a alcohol stove out of an "oilcan",
but the can "melts" when put to flame). After consuming the sweet
ambrosia inside, the can crushes down flat and packs out easily! Toss
one into a cold mountain stream and in a few minutes you have a chilled
refreshment perfect for helping a sore body unwind.

I ALWAYS pack one for the first night's campsite (sometimes two!). And
try to find the "Special Bitter" (a.k.a. The Green Label), it's the
BEST!

Here's the weight analysis of a Foster's Oilcan:

25.4 ounces = .1984375 gallons
1 gallon of water = 8.33 pounds  (BTW- 1 gallon of gasoline weighs
approx 5.8 to 6.5 pounds, depending on the octane)

8.33 x .1984375 = 1.65298

The contents of an oilcan weighs about 26.447680 ounces, or 749.7791156
grams

Research is still ongoing as to the weight of the can itself....hand me
another oilcan! <hic>

-Mike (a.k.a. "Oilcan")

Michael Saenz ,  Associate Partner
McLarand    Vasquez    Emsiek   &   Partners,   Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e  |  P l a n n i n g  |  I n t e r i o r s
MVE          MVE    Institutional         MVE    S t u d i o
w  w  w   .   m  v  e   -   a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s   .   c  o m