[pct-l] Heet vs Deet.

To the Honorable Jeff Moorehead      and other listeners;

I Eagerly await for such chemicals, natral or otherwise to be put on the market or the recipe to be displayed on the internet somewhere for us to try. It may be worth doing another PCT hike to test its effectivness. If not conclusive,
It may be nessisary to test the effectivness of each new product on a septerate  full length thru hike to ensure that the product is indeet as good
or better than Deet. I don't plan to test heet. It will probably dry out my
already dry skin. Instead do a full thru hike without deet as a reference test....
Maybe not... I remmeber the buzzing sound and the inchy skin I had around Taho last year...

-Mountain Goat-

Jerry,
 They are now researching a set of synthesized chemicals originally
discovered in some human subjects who seem to act as natural mosquito
repellents. They say that when these get worked into a consumer application,
they will outmatch DEET. Like any other miracle drug-- it will be years for
the FDA to blah, blah, blah......... until then, I'll buy the Ultrathon.