[pct-l] Thru Saunter of the PCT

Cuervo is arriving at Hiker Heaven today, headed north toward some point in the Sierras -- dong about 10 miles a day.  Last time he was here, he and Josie had a horse and three burros.  Their picture is on our website.  I understand Josie is no longer with him, and I'm not sure how many animals he has now, but I'm looking forward to seeing him and his animal crew.  He is a self-professed homeless person, telling me that he used to want to be like the guy in the pictures with the big sombrero taking a nap by a cactus with his burro nearby.  So, he became that guy and is as happy as can be.

BTW, for anyone who remembers it, Cuevo is the guy who found the rather cheesy and colorful blanket at the abandoned pot farm near Walker Pass, and gave it to us.  It's the one that adorns the futon in the hiker living room.

What's truly amazing is how well the burros do; they do better health-wise on forage than they do on store-bought feeds.  Their hooves are absolute perfection from natural wear (I'm a barefoot advocate for hooved animals).  In essence, their life on the trail is how they were meant to live.  They're docile, calm, and absolutely adorable.  They either pack gear or can be ridden.  Really looking forward to their arrival.

L-Rod