[pct-l] Thru Saunter of the PCT

"Sweet Goat Mama" wrote: What?? No goats???  Actually there's a guy in
Oregon who used donkeys, mules horses, goats and even a camel doing 100-150  miles
per animal. He's writing a book. He's in his 70's and a pro saunterer if I
ever saw one. After he was all done, he kept the camel (hike or ride) and his
daughter kept the goats (speed and funness). These were their favorite  animals
Ha, ha, ha, ha.  Now I feel  better.  Sometimes I get a little crazy with my
posts, but you have made me  feel better.  :-)

I thought of that one upstairs just  before I came down today (Saturday) to
saunter down to the police  substation to check things out, see if I could get
into some trouble, go to the  Patrol briefing, etc.  There was a big gun
battle 4 blocks for the  substation on Thursday when I was just about to go home.
About 40 shot  fired by the former bad guy and 605 rounds by our guys (lots of
cover fire for  our trapped folks).  He ambushed and had several of our cops
pinned  down, but not for long.  Then the SWAT team and sniper showed up.  The
 former bad guy on a contact phone said he was not going back to prison or
be taken.  Like I always say, prompt customer service is our motto.   No cops
hurt badly.

I have the SWAT team come to the  substation monthly open house once a year
to talk about their weapons and  procedures.  Real good show.  The sniper guy
you would never  suspect.  He is short, bald, glasses, thin, and the guy you
would pick to  kick sand in the face of to impress your significant other.  Ha,
ha,  ha.  I am scared to be around him.  Ha, ha, ha.  But I scare  easily
anyway, especially on the trial.  The SWAT guys know me, but  when I see them in
my local restaurant eating breakfast sometimes, I  sit on the other side of the
room and try to avoid eye contact.   :-)

Public service announcement: The  bad guy said on the phone to bring body
bags for some SWAT officers.  That  is not a good thing to say when you are
planning a gun battle with the  police.  Bad move.  Don't do that!  Trust me on
this one.   Don't give SWAT a challenge.

Your hiking buddy,  Switchback
Trail Scared of His Own Shadow  Hiker