From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Chuckie V
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 9:03 AM
To: PCT-List
Subject: [pct-l] HEET vs. DEET

Damn, that was my problem; I used 100% HEET. They're both known carcinogens
so I figured they'd work the same.

  Is anyone else here more fearful of chemicals than mosquitoes?

  CV

One topic was insect repellent. One fact I'm sure of is that the
effectiveness of Deet-based repellents coincides with the percentage of deet
in them. In Alaska, where mosquitos should have fuselage numbers, the only
truly effective repellant is 100% deet. From personal experience, don't
bother with cans, creams, sprays, with anything less than 100% deet.