[pct-l] Getting off the trail between Idyllwild and Cabazon?

Hi all,

I am starting a PCT section hike at the end of April (hopefully sections A
and B), and will (sadly!) need to leave the trail after about 10 days to two
weeks.  Can anyone recommend a way out somewhere between Idylwild and
Cabazon?  If possible, I'd like to do this without hitching, as I've heard
Cabazon is a tough hitch.  For instance, are there any public transportation
or bus options from Idylwild?  Does the PCT pass by the Palm Springs
Tramway?  Or, if I get to I-10, how can I get to Palm Springs?  My goal is
to get to Palm Springs, so I can hop on a train and head back home...

Any ideas appreciated.  Looking forward to meeting many of you at the KO!

Thanks,
Monica